Air soft rifles. This One's going back.

Discussion in 'Pellet and BB Air Rifles' started by RichR, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Dec 26, 2017 #1

RichR

RichR

RichR

disremember  

IMG_0106.JPG Got my 12 yr old son this rifle for Christmas. His friends are into airsoft and he wanted to get started with a sniper rifle. Had trouble with it right out of the box. Bolt wouldn't go into battery. Something seemed to be misaligned. I had it working for about 10 shots, then the misalignment again. Needless to say, we were both disappointed. Boxed it up and it's going back. He's not sure he wants a bolt action now. I'm not really sure how to guide him. I have an AR 15 airsoft and 1911 airsoft bought as a set a few years ago for my older son. But they are just cheap toys. Anyone have any good airsoft rifles that are descent but not too expensive ($100-$150)???

2. Dec 26, 2017 #2

Retired1

Retired1

Retired1

RichR and phideaux like this.
  3. Dec 27, 2017 #3

RichR

RichR

RichR

disremember  

We (my wife) bought it through evike.com. Someone told her they sell good stuff. We'll see what their cs is like when we try to return this one for credit. I think we're going to get this one:
    https://www.evike.com/products/63114/
    Seems to be everything he needs to get started.

4. Dec 27, 2017 #4

Retired1

Retired1

Retired1

I know nothing about airsoft but that starter set looks to be complete and good looking. With a 25% discount for signing up for their newsletter plus the sale price I am tempted to get one just to aggravate the feral cats here.

5. Jan 13, 2018 #5

RichR

RichR

RichR

disremember  

IMG_0115.PNG Well, we ended up buying this complete outfit. Evike cs refunded for the rifle and accessories we returned. No questions asked. So far really impressed with the M4 style rifle. Quality materials for what is essentially a toy gun. Since it's nasty and cold outside, we set up a makeshift range in the basement, shooting into a hanging, moving blanket. The plastic bbs fall into a box on the floor (some of them anyway). My boy is looking forward to getting it outside.

6. Jan 13, 2018 #6

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SNIPER  

Airsoft is a good way to teach the youth the fundamentals of safe shooting...

RichR likes this.
  7. Jan 13, 2018 #7

RichR

RichR

RichR

disremember  

I've been teaching them gun safety since they were both very young (now 12 & 16). Shooting activities in Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts have been some of our favorite activities. Neither boy has decided to take up hunting with me, which, while a bit disappointing, is still OK, because they do both love to go shooting. And that's all good time spent together. The best times with my brother and Dad were when we were shooting, learning about guns, hunting (AKA taking the guns for a walk in the woods). The thing about these airsoft/bb guns, etc. is that they are still firearms and must be respected and treated as such. This gun stays in my safe when not in use, just like any of my other firearms.

Retired1 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  8. Jan 13, 2018 #8

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SNIPER  

Exactly...the fundamentals.

Safety is always 1st.

Taught my daughter with an air rifle...before she was strong enough to break the action to load it herself.

She now has a LTCF in Pennsylvania and carries a 9mm for self protection...

Hand her any gun...first thing she does is point it in a safe direction and check to see if it's loaded.

Retired1 and RichR like this.